This is a Cuisinart Original Recipe
You will need:
- 2 pounds stew meat, like 1-inch pieces of chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt(kosher salt)
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of butter (unsalted)
- 1 onion (cut the medium onion into 1-inch pieces)
- 8 ounces of mushrooms
- 3 cloves of garlic, smash them
- 3/4 cup of pearl barley
- 8 ounces of baby carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh thyme, chop it
- 1/3 cup of sherry
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (about 5 sprigs and chop it)
You have to season with salt and pepper the meat. Put the butter into the Cuisinart Pressure Cooker and set it to sauté. When the butter is sizzling add the beef until brown. Remove and reserve.
Meanwhile, the beef is browning, let’s do some other stuff. Put the metal chopping blade into the Cuisinart Food Processor, add the onions and chop them.
Slice the mushrooms with the slicing disc. Once the beef has browned add the baby carrots, garlic, onions and mushrooms to the pot. Continue to sauté for about 10 minutes until vegetables soften. Add sherry to the pot and cook until liquid evaporates.
Add the reserved meat, broth, and barley to the pot. Select High Pressure and Lock lid into place. Set timer to 30 minutes. When time is up, use the Natural Release Method to release all pressure. Remove lid carefully when float valve drops and allow steam to disperse.
You can Serve immediately but if you have to adjust seasoning accordingly to taste. Add the chopped parsley and maybe for an extra kick you can add 2 additional tablespoons of sherry.
– See more –